Category Archives: History-Churches

Southwest Baptist Church

Southwest Baptist Church, located at the intersection of Watson Road, Tamm Avenue, and Scanlan Avenue, was organized July 6, 1921, with 27 members. In its infancy it was a Sunday School conducted in Clifton Heights, meeting first in the...

Read more

Mount Tabor United Church of Christ

Mount Tabor United Church of Christ was created in 1928 by the merger of the German Evangelical Bethlehem Church and Messiah Evangelical Church.  Bethlehem, was the older congregation.  It was founded in 1889 at the northeast corner of Shaw...

Read more

Watson Terrace Christian Church

The Watson Terrace Christian church was created in 1952 as a result of the merger of two Disciples congregations in southwest St. Louis, Clifton Heights and Winona Christian Churches.  Clifton Heights, the older of the two, was established in...

Read more

Immanuel Congregation Church

Harlem Mission took the name Immanuel Congregational Church on March 9, 1891.  A church building was built at 6739 Hancock, but in November 1904, the Church practically burned to the ground.  While repairing the old church building, a new...

Read more

Search The Site

Upcoming Events

  1. Tweetup – Trattoria Marcella

    July 25 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
  2. Trivia Night

    July 29 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
  3. LPNA Board Meeting

    August 12 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am

Join Us On Facebook

Come join the conversation about the neighborhood on Facebook. And you can also follow us on Twitter @LindenwoodPark.

Donate





Second Sight Massage